Friday, November 5, 2010
"Show me what I'm looking for."
Sometimes it's incredible how fitting songs are. This is another case of this in my life.
You can't just take what you're told and accept it. You have to know where you stand on issues, not where you're expected to stand.
Be bold enough question what you're told.
Be brave enough to admit when you don't know.
Be discontent enough to seek answers.
Most of all, be open minded. When you don't know where you stand, how can you tell other people they are flat out wrong? Ask questions and listen to all that other people have to say. Only once you know where you stand can you tell people that you disagree.
And when you disagree, have the courtesy to go beyond telling them they are wrong. Do them a favor and tell them why you believe what you believe.
What am I looking for? Understanding and the peace the comes with it. The certainty that comes with knowing what I believe, and the ability to explain why I believe what I believe.
It's a road of prayer, research, and consideration. It's a bumpy road, and, although it's frustrating, it's okay. It's an adventure.
~"You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was." [-Irish Proverb]~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment