My boyfriend and I have nearly polar opposite opinions on where we'd like to live most. He's a city boy, and I'm more of a small town and country kinda girl. We try to remind one another of the pros and cons of each other's preferences as often as possible.
It was during my CUC days that I came to grips with how I'll never really be a city girl even if I live in one for a while. My heart will always been in small towns and the country...and here's why.
To each their own, but for this girl, city life isn't my first choice. That's not to say it's out of the question, mind you, but when I'm there, I do miss all of those things way too much -- the sights, the sounds, the smells. It truly is the little things in life that can mean a lot.
I don't know where I'll be in a matter of months, but I hope it's not too far away from some of those wonderful things.
~"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you know that you were born to fly?" ["Born to Fly" - Sara Evans]~
No comments:
Post a Comment