Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Long Phone Conversation Brings...

Amazement at what a combination of being comfortable and being honest can bring out in a conversation.

Time disappears for a while, stops dictating where I am or what I'm doing.

Refreshing, uplifting, energizing words.

A reassured heart and mind.

Faded worries -- I wonder what I was worrying about before we talked.
A great feeling to not have them.

Wonderings. "What ifs."
Laughter.
Teasing.
Truths.
Admiration.

Thankfulness
for such a wonderful friend, one who
understands yet challenges me,
picks on me and supports me simultaneously somehow,
makes me laugh at my own insecurities and look past them,
dreams with me and lets my imagination run wild,
laughs at my terrible [attempts] at jokes,
faces truths rather than running from them,
answers my questions without hesitation,
leaves my cheeks aching from laughing and smiling.

~"You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breath...oh, you make me smile." ["Smile" - Uncle Kracker]~


No comments: