Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Final Stages of Preparation

It has almost happened. The classroom is nearly complete.

This would normally be a time for maniacal laughter, but, well, I like the idea of actually teaching kindergarteners. Nobody would trust a maniacal kindergarten teacher with their children. [Unless, perhaps, they didn't really like their children.]

Oh, by the way, when I said "complete" back there, I actually mean "things that aren't done and still need to be sorted have been shoved accordingly into the closet and an empty cabinet to remain there until after Open House so the room looks organized and inviting instead of still full of things I haven't quite gotten to yet and would rather not have as a reflection of my teaching because really it isn't." *breath* Yup, true story.

If you see me on the street sometime in the near future and I don't shake your hand, don't take it personally -- it's just the carpal tunnel from the cutting and tracing and typing and sticky-tacking preparations.

~"In teaching you cannot see the fruit of a day's work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years." [-Jacques Barzun]~




1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

I'm so excited for you and for all those little folks.