I will never stop having moments in my life where I just need my mom.
Last night we talked until 3 a.m., a late night even for insomniacs like us. We talked about relationships and life lessons.
We started talking about the future, and that lead us to the past. My mom gave me new insight into myself by relaying memories of raising me.
It's pretty fun to be at that point where my mom and I have gone beyond the scope of being mom and daughter and are now friends.
I know that I have to stand on my own feet because that's what she raised me to do, but I don't want those two feet to cause me to walk away, forgetful of who influenced me to be who I am. Even though my mom reassured me that she raised me to go out on my own and do these things, I know who I will be calling when I don't remember how long to cook a roast or what exactly can go in which laundry load.
Moms are pretty awesome forces in our lives. (Don't worry, Dads. You're not chopped liver. You're pretty astounding yourselves, but you'll get your own time to shine.)
~"Mom stands for Maker Of Magic." [-my mom]~
1 comment:
aahaha I love this quote!!
Post a Comment