Sunday, April 17, 2011

Special Person ♥

Some girls are a Daddy's girl...I am, big time, but I'm also really a Papa's girl.

I was lucky enough to be raised in a duplex with us on one side, my grandparents on the other. My parents and my grandparents all worked to keep me in line. I really couldn't get away with a single thing with 4 sets of eyes on me, not to mention Pops knows just about everybody in the county we live in AND the next county over...and then some.

My Pops also plays one mean game of Rummy. I always tease him that I'm going to beat him, and he always says, "Yeah, right." And on the rare occasions that I do beat him, he says, "I gotta let you win sometime, otherwise you'll stop playing with me." This man knows me and my competitive nature all too well.

Someday the guy who is crazy/brave enough to want to propose to me is going to have to ask both my dad and my Pops because they are the two main men in my life. Lucky future hubby of mine, eh? I hear once is terrifying enough.

We always tease each other when we talk on the phone. "So, do you miss me yet?" "I didn't even know you were gone." "Sure, sure. I know you miss me more." "Whatever. You miss me more. That's why you called."

~"Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child's growth as vitamins." [-Joyce Allston]~


No comments: