Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Day on the Boardwalk

We drove to a town on the Gulf today called Kemah. The weather was gorgeous, there was a beautiful boardwalk to wander around, and this Midwestern girl got to see the waters of the Gulf.

And yes, today's theme song was "Under the Boardwalk" by The Drifters...despite always being on top of the boardwalk as we walked.


It started with a look around.


I still am unsure of the correct punctuation of "ya'll".

Couldn't pass up the swordfish.

This used to be a big port for the shrimping industry before Hurricane Ikewiped most of it out.
We spent a good chunk of time watching the pelicans float along and dive bomb for fish.
How many times in life will I come across the chance to partake in about 2 minutes of a hurricane simulation? The wind in that time thing got up to 80 mph.

All in all, it was a great day. But next time...
...I think I'll remember to bring sunscreen.

~"Girl, put your records on. Tell me your favorite song. Just go ahead let your hair down." ["Put Your Records On" - Corrine Bailey Rae]~

2 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

OUCH!

Third Grade Teachers said...

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now but am reading your blog instead. I wanted to tell you first that we miss you. And a real Texan spells it y'all! Have a great day!