Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Savored Saturday

Cozied under the covers -- me and my thoughts waking up.

Saturday is No Rush Shower days. The Fully Awake Shower day. (weekdays are for Half Awake and sometimes Quarter Awake Showers.)

Breakfast with the Texas family. I cherish this 2nd to last Saturday breakfast.

Feet in the pool, feeling the cool water which the sun's beginning to warm up. Some of yesterday's sun's warmth is leftover in that water.

Coffee. Grading. Weekly report. IM with a friend and music to keep me company. This is Soundproof Booth (headphones) Kinda Work.

Grading break. Swim suit. Fruit and vegetable snack on the patio. Conversation.

Solo swim because everyone's already been swimming while I graded. The cold water greets my skin and makes me wonder if I'm crazy for jumping in, if I should wait until tomorrow when it's supposed to be warmer. It's a good break, though, and I'd be crazy to pass up swimming in April.

Dinner: a cookout with one of the other pastor's family. Eating on the patio, watching the birds, enjoying conversation. Watching Sophie get cornered by the little girl, getting the "Come save me!" look from the pup.

Drinks on the patio. Chocolate martini is alright in my book, particularly when paired with good conversation and beautiful weather.

Blowing bubbles while the little girl giggles, catches them with her forehead, her feet, her hands, rolling on her back on the ground like Sophie does.

Journal session with God. Emotions released, comfort and peace found.

A movie and grading go hand-in-hand.

a good Saturday




No comments: