It was a week of a lot of growth, and for that I'm thankful. Relationships with my students are growing and blowing my mind, and the list of things I'm learning continues to grow.
I had my first tango with sub plans for Friday since I had a conference to attend. The conference was an amazing chance to have fears allayed and questions answered with some of the more technical aspects of teaching (the interview/call process, that first year, classroom management, and challenges we'll face). It was our chance to talk with some people with many years of experience who gave us the real scoop and let us ask any questions that came to mind. No sugar coating here, folks.
All in all, there were so many steps forward this week.
On top of all that, I got some amazing times with friends this week. There were a few much-needed conversations, and a few late nights that were completely worth it. It was a chance to reflect on how there's no going back to what we once knew as normal -- being together, having few unknowns with each other's lives, and being able to be there for one another without hesitation. Life is getting in the way of the way it used to be. It's beautiful to move forward with life, but it's tragic to say goodbye to how it used to be.
I can't believe the weekend is already mostly over, though. Time flies...
~"I never hesitate to fall, I forgot how much I wanted it all, and my dreams are getting used to you..." ["More Of It" - Leigh Nash]~
No comments:
Post a Comment