I taught my second lesson today. This week I'm taking on grammar. Yesterday's first lesson kinda went downhill quickly, and the students really didn't fully grasp it. I started getting frazzled, and that always kills the enthusiasm on my end, thus killing the enthusiasm of the students.
Today...well, today ROCKED. We're very fortunate to be in a school with a lot of great technology (like laptops and iPod Touches for the students to use), so I made a PowerPoint to reteach yesterday's lesson and do examples. I also used the old-school projector, and my kids (all 27 of them in the afternoon!) really got everything by the end of the lesson...including everything tripping them up yesterday. We did a fun, silly activity at the end, and it was a blast. I'm excited about tomorrow because we're starting with that activity again.
I am pretty bummed out not to have much time to stay in touch with ANYONE, really, but it's one of those phases where that's what's gotta happen for a bit. It's still an exciting point regardless of the cost, and I know that there are still people there supporting me every step of the way. :)
~"I like your invisible band-aid. Not that I can see it or anything..." [My dear friend Lisa]~
No comments:
Post a Comment