Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Love/Hate Relationship in The Apartment

My Internet router and computer have a love/hate relationship. Sometimes they play nicely, but other times they just don't want to be on speaking terms.

I often find myself glaring at my computer and asking it (in my head, of course), "Why can't you be more like the iPod? It never has problems with the router."

But then my computer laughs at me...in its own way, of course...which is to, once again, stop cooperating with the router.

Siiiiigh. And here I was feeling all awesome for hooking that thing up myself. Thanks, computer, for humbling me.

I've realized that some times are worse than others for these two to butt heads, though, including (but not limited to):

- While I'm entering in Scholastic book orders online. [That was a fun couple of hours, let me tell you.]
- While I am booking plane tickets for California.
- While I am paying for anything online, really.
- While I'm trying to quickly look up information on anything while talking to someone on the phone...like whether or not HP7P2 has come out on DVD yet. [It hasn't.]
-When Da Bears are playing and I've got the Chicago radio station's livestream going.

I'm sure there are other times, but these are the ones that have really come to my attention this weekend.

~"Man is a slow, sloppy, and brilliant thinker; the machine is fast, accurate, and stupid." [-William M. Kelly]~

No comments: