So as a general rule of thumb I'm kinda cautious about buying fundraiser things because, let's be honest, sometimes you pay too much for something that really isn't that great. [Yes, I remember all of those things my schools used to try to get us to sell. I think wrapping paper was just about the stupidest one. Or was it the wreaths?] I'm willing to cave for good causes, though...like Boy Scouts or what have you.
[Disclaimer: Being on the teaching end now, I must add that yes, I do understand why these sales are necessary and respect that. I still, however, do not enjoy sales of any variety. This is why I am a teacher and not a sales person. That's all you, Matt.]
So about two weeks ago this boy came into my classroom and asked, "Hey, do you drink coffee?" Why yes, yes I do. Like it's going out of style, in fact. "Would you like to buy some?"
My interest was piqued at this point. I asked what he was selling it for. He answered that it was for his football team, and elaborated when asked to say they were raising money for new gear that wasn't falling apart.
Wait, wait, wait. Buy coffee to support football? The only thing better than that would be buying it at the stadium while watching football.
So I bought some coffee which will in turn buy some better gear for those football boys. I opted for the box with the samples of different flavors, dreaming of Saturday mornings where I could drink my yummy flavors in leisure.
And here I am. Today's flavor happens to be Rain Forest Nut Creme, and it's delicious. Kinda like hazelnut, almond, and vanilla in one cup.
"And there you have it, kids, the story of how I met your mother."
...and by that I really mean how I caved to a young boy's quest for funds...and also the recipe for getting me to buy something. That's right, combine coffee, football, and children, and I'm faced with an offer I can't refuse.
~"Coffee makes me invincible. But when the cup is empty, I return to mere mortal." [-Terri Guillemets]~
2 comments:
There's a girl at church selling Eileen's cookie dough, which is probably the cookie dough we'll have in heaven. I ordered two kinds without looking at the price. That $25 check will be worth every bite.
I bet that cookie dough will go great with Boston's Best Coffee when we're in heaven!
Post a Comment