2. Unexpected text messages that not only make me smile but actually make me crack me up.
3. A hot cup of tea. Tonight's cup: Throat Coat.
4. Getting to linger over a cup of coffee [even if it's only a few minutes in the morning when I'm pretending I'm not going to be at school after my targeted time.]
5. My good ol' pair of jeans worn to a holey state [Sidenote: no matter how I tried to write that, it sounded either sorta sacrilegious or like I was trying to make it a joke. I merely mean that as a comment on its appearance. Seriously. ]
6. The shift in the weather allowing me to leave my windows open and to snuggle comfortably into my covers at night. Knowing that soon the breezes coming through the windows will be undeniably laden with the smells of fall.
7. Moments of feeling like I know what I'm doing, of seeing where I've already learned more than I thought I'd even know.
8. Being able to look around me -- at this school, this town, this aparment -- and finally feel some ownership, comfort here. That clicking into a place becoming "home" rather than just "the place I moved to". Realizing it at the same time a smile spreads across my face as I turn onto the road to my apartment after work.
9. Wandering around the store trying to figure out what I want for dinner after allowing myself to be lazy tonight in the culinary area in order to will myself to be productive in the teaching area. Frowning at the salads, considering the taquitos instead: learning to listen to what I really want instead of what I probably should get. Being forced to decide by myself, for myself.
10. Having ideas, making them happen, and seeing the beauty in things not going exactly as I had planned.
11. Family, home, love -- 8 days away.
1 comment:
There's nothing better than a pair of jeans that are worn-in just right. I'm still mourning the loss of a pair from a couple of years (and a waste size) ago.
Post a Comment