There is a certain quiet that you can't get with anything but a hushed snowfall. The patient flakes float their way to the ground, glittering in magnificence in whatever light they can catch on their journey. There's a freshness in the air that mixes with the coldness for clean breaths unlike any other times (except other snowfalls, of course).
And then there's the scraping of snowplows, a sound that's oddly comforting to me. I know the dedication those people behind the wheel have, first hand. Snowfalls would be a lot more of a nuisance without them.
Stay safe, all of you back in the Midwest. Especially those of you out plowing - Dad, Dave, and Ben. Praying for you all.
~"When snow falls, nature listens." [-Antoinette van Kleef]~
4 comments:
Ooh - Michelle - the flakes were made unPatient today with a horrific wind - flakes flying HelterSkelter and in all sorts of unnatural directions. The drifts will be breathtaking tomorrow, but today the wind sucked the air right from you before you could get any of those ColdnessCleanBreaths.
It was the kind of blizzard you want to stay stranded at home for.
Which makes the efforts of the PlowMen even more heroic. I will join you in your Prayer for their bravery.
Thanks for the prayers friends. I am done with this storm and all is well. :)
Oh goodness, that sounds intense. I hope the stillness and the freshness still was there once it settled down.
And that you had loads of hot chocolate.
Thank God for all of the safety! Glad ya made it through without turning into a popsicle or anything, Ben.
(Um...hey...did anyone get pictures? I kind of feel like I missed a lot. I'd love to see some pictures.)
I haven't ventured out yet, but I'm thinking of it for tomorrow.
Now that it's all over what I wrote earlier seems quite over-dramatic, so I hope the photos don't disappoint. ;)
Post a Comment