I have to admit that Ben's post prompted my music-engulfed evening tonight. I almost added "Blame Ben" in parenthesis to the title because the alliteration was there, in fact. :)
I was in the mood to mix it up from what I usually put on, so I put on "Beyond the Sea Radio" on Pandora -- my station for classics like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, and all of the other crooners. I have a particular soft spot for that kinda music.
Some nights just demand big band/swing music.
I think that the Big Band Era would have been a really fun time to live in. The dancing, the live music, the fashion of the times...yeah, I wouldn't mind living then. I'm a terrible swing dancer (coordination in general escapes me), though, so I would've been out of place.
Here's one of my favorites (and I love it either by The Drifters or Michael Buble, but I admire the fact that Michael Buble can pull off that classic sound in the modern times):
~"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." [-Berthold Auerbach]~
No comments:
Post a Comment