Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Slowdown

Woke up at usual time for a weekday. Snuggled back into the abyss of blankets and fell back asleep. Woke up at 8, but let myself lay in bed until 9:30...because sometimes Saturday mornings demand that you give your bed some extra attention.

Did lots of laundry. Did some writing. Did some reading.

Talked to old roommates on video chat for a few hours [ignoring the nagging feeling that I should be doing lesson plans or portfolio work]...because sometimes Saturday afternoons demand that you give your loved ones some extra attention.

Admired the fact that I'm at the age where staying home all day is okay, where laundry is part of a relaxing day rather than a burdensome chore to squeeze in at some odd hour. [Maybe the difference comes from not having to scrounge up quarters every time.]

"Rule #32: Enjoy the little things." Thanks again, Zombieland.

Now off to do some lesson plans while sheets are drying...and maybe listening to some of the things I found on iTunes U today...and an early bedtime.

Yeah, it's a good Saturday.

~"I cannot walk through the suburbs in the solitude of the night without thinking that the night pleases us because it suppresses idle details, just as our memory does." [-Jorge Luis Borges]~

No comments: