Monday, March 19, 2012

Victory, I Claim Thee

It's a proven fact that first year teachers get sick all. the. time. Proven by me, even, much to my despair and/or frequent attempts to persuade my body to be anything BUT ill.

Today, my friends, I sit in this chair to type to you that the W-L column officially has a 1 in the W column now.

A few weeks ago I was boasting that out of the onslaught of ailments [Read: 3] making rounds in my classroom, I had only had 2/3 of them.

This morning I thought for sure karma came back to bite me in the butt. My eyes were itchy, watery, and all around disGUSTing. I feared the worst: pink eye. I called the secretary in a panic to find out what the protocol is for that.

Went to school.
Went to eye doctor over lunch.
Was told it wasn't pink eye.
Breathed a sigh of relief.
Thanked God for allergies.
Laughed about thanking God for allergies.

*pause*blink*pause*
*burst into song and dance*

BOOYAH, GERMS! YOU DIDN'T GET ME THIS TIME! SHABAM!

That's right, my immune system is [slightly] awesome today.

Now, about those allergies...

1 comment:

Lisacarolinesmith@gmail.com said...

You always make me smile, Michelle.