Saturday, June 4, 2011

Soothing Surprises

Spent the day working on the house with Mom and Brandon. The house is getting closer to them being ready to move in, and it's great to see it pulling together.

Nothing ever looks the same when I go there between the work they've put into the house and the things that keep popping up in the yard....beautiful, colorful, surprises.

Here's the latest (and no, I don't know why they are huge pictures. Enlarged to show texture??):

We aren't sure what they are. We were just calling them Firework Flowers.


The lady who used to live here has so many flowers around the yard. A lot of them are purple, so Mom ventured that we can probably guess her favorite color.


This is one of my favorite pictures from today.

Sit really still and let it speak.

It whispers,
Please, child, slow down. Soak in the beauty in the simple things. Savor the surprises. Blessings abound. Rejoice in the good. Be okay not knowing everything.

Just what my heart needed: peace, comfort, stillness, beauty.

Hey, thanks, God. :)

~"My God's enough for me. This world has nothing I need. In this whole life I've seen my God is enough for me." ["Psalm 73 (My God's Enough" -BarlowGirl]~

No comments: