Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A (Birth)Day With My Mom

Sometimes the best days are ones that don't try too hard to be great...they just turn out that way naturally.

Like a whole birthday spent with the woman who gave birth to you, loving you, encouraging you always without holding the stretch marks, labor pains, and kidney it took over your head...Often. (But you know I don't mind, Mom)

Celebrating the past 23 years of life while preparing for the years ahead, analyzing the items with her endless supply of patience as I talk through the pros and cons, the dreams and hopes. I can't think of a better way to have done it today.

I love my mom. I am pretty sure she keeps her Superwoman cape hidden somewhere, but definitely not her amazingness.

Now let's see what 23 brings. I hope it brings me steps closer to being more and more like my mom -- and all of the other amazing, inspiring women in my life.

~"That's me, the perfect blend of caffeine and genetics. HA!" [Gilmore Girls]~

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

M.O.M. Makers of magic. I learned that from you!