Sunday, May 22, 2011

Graduation Round 2: The Cousin's High School Edition

One of my dear younger cousins -- sistercousin, really, because "cousin" itself doesn't capture it right -- graduated high school today. I remember this girl being in (yucky, poopy) diapers, crying a lot, and being kinda cute sometimes. She was the annoying little girl following us around and wanting to play with us all the time, and (unfortunately) the one we were mean to. I've gotten to watch her grow up to be this amazingly beautiful, courageous, caring, fun, and spunky girl whom I love to death and now call one of my best friends...and now I can add "high school graduate" to that list!

So, so proud of her!!!

"Cousins by chance, friends by choice." ♥

Ahhh, we're all growing up!!! Jess graduated today, Jamie has moved to OK and has a job and a great relationship going for him, Matt has his graduation for getting his Masters in a few weeks, Beckey is getting married in September, Vic just started a new job and has a wonderful girlfriend...life is here, and it's happenin' for this next generation in the family!

Next thing you know, it'll be our OWN kids doing this! Wait, THAT is too weird to think of right now...let's wait on that one for a bit, eh? ;)

The lyrics "I hope you had the time of your life" keep running through my head, but...high school's not the be-all end-all to measure life by. It's rough, you survive, and you treasure the good memories but forget the rest. You move on, and you see what else life has to offer, and it's going to be awesome. :)

Did I mention how much I love my cousins and how proud of each and every one of them I am?? Because I really, really do and really, really am.

~"Cousins are the childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends." [-Anonymous]~


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! You two really do look like sisters. :)

Michelle said...

Aw, thanks, Teagan. :)