Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Music Monday: "I Don't Dance"

Side note: I know it says "Music Monday" despite being posted today (Tuesday). I was having computer issues last night. Better late than never! :)

Today's song, "I Don't Dance", is by Lee Brice. I originally came across this song after looking up another of his, and I instantly fell in love with it.

Before our wedding I tried so hard to get Tim to practice dancing with me so we wouldn't look uncoordinated during our first dance. He adamantly refused, and he would often tell me, "I don't dance." [Spoiler alert: When Tim tried to get fancy during our first dance and spin me, I tried to spin the opposite way...more than once...and we laughed our way through a good portion of our first dance.]

Fast forward a bit to the few weeks before our wedding. I told him he has to dance twice in his life and then I'd let him off the hook for the rest of our lives: once with his dear bride to a mutually-agreed upon song, and once with his momma. He accepted that offer begrudgingly. [For the record- my hubby has danced with me at least double that amount since then.]

There's something powerful about the things we do for the people we love -- especially when it challenges us to step outside of our comfort zone. This song captures that in a simple yet beautiful way.

No comments: