I'd tell you that I'd rather have plans change because I did something to mess them up, but I'm not sure that's true.
I'd tell you that I'd rather have plans change because of someone else or something that's out of my control, but that's not true either.
I'd really rather just have my plans stay just as they were to begin with.
But then again, maybe that's not true, either.
See, here's the thing:
There is beauty in the unexpected.
I'm working through some frustrations right now over having to miss out on something I was really, really looking forward to -- because life happens, you know? -- but I just feel like pouting about it and being mad for a while. I want to stomp and grump and be childish about it.
I'm taking this change of plans harder than usual because I had a plan and was finally ready to start taking steps on a new adventure. Missing out on this one thing temporarily robs me of my first step. It postpones the beginning of my journey, and I'm really mad because it took a long time and many factors to push me to the starting line with confidence and determination. I prayed and planned and sought advice and prayed and planned some more, and I mustered my courage, and now I'm stuck waiting again.
I'm still confident and determined, mind you, but now I'm pushed back 50 yards behind my starting line.
And yet...
Perhaps this extra time is what I need to prepare myself to do my best.
Perhaps it's a call to focus my time and energy in some other areas for now.
Or perhaps it was a chance to see just how much I want this new adventure to be reality.
This is a temporary setback, but it's an opportunity for other things to happen. And usually when something else happens besides what I have planned it ends up being much more awesome than what I'd planned to begin with.
So I'll take some deep breaths, stretch a little more to get ready, and hit the ground running again when the time is right.
No comments:
Post a Comment