Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year, New Adventures

2014 seemed like it couldn't really compete with 2013. See, 2013 brought a lot of exciting and new things: getting married, turning 25, a family vacation to Alaska, moving out of my "bachelorette pad" apartment to a house with my husband in a new city, and a new job. Whew. Don't think we could have crammed much more in if we tried. Needless to say, 2014 did not have a lot of major life events. I was pleasantly surprised to reflect the other night about just how glad I was to look back at what 2014 did hold, though. 2013 was the year of new, but 2014 was the year of growth.

Our house has really become our own thanks to the hard work of my husband and help from my mom and stepdad. We have made plans for a few more projects and are in the beginning phases of those, too, and we're pretty excited for the end products. 

We established our first garden and enjoyed a LOT of fresh, yummy food (again, mostly because of my awesome hubby's dedication. Can you tell he's a talented man?). So many plants that LIVED! It was crazy-awesome. 

We've had a number of visitors and have loved getting to host them whether it was for a meal or a week. We loved every minute.

Tim had his gallbladder out in September, and we were blessed that all went well and to have his mom here to help. He hasn't had a single problem since then, and we are loving the life without gallbladder attacks. 

We've been blessed with a growing friendship with a dear set of neighbors, and we've gotten our foot in the door to become more active and connected at church. We're really establishing this city as our home and becoming more comfortable here, and it's nice to be able to feel settled. God has truly been at work in our life here. 

My job has allowed me the chance to grow beyond what I thought my abilities and interests were, and it hasn't always been easy, but it's been good. I've been blessed to become more confident, able, and assertive. I am so blessed to get to share my God each day and grow in my faith each day, and that makes each day awesome. I adore my kids and coworkers, and that also makes each day awesome.

And of course there's Scout, perhaps one of the greatest adventures of the year. One stop to "just look and pet the puppies"turned into a wild adventure as we have learned about life with a new "baby". He's been a goof, a snugglebug, a playmate, and even a challenging mess sometimes, but he's a good boy. We love our little Wild Thing. 

I know that 2015 is going to bring some big changes, and I'm sitting here at the beginning feeling excited but also nervous. I'm ready for some necessary changes, but I know that there will be some unknowns. But you know what? That just means that this will hold even more adventures than 2014. I know that God is there each step of the way, and I trust in His plan. It's going to be awesome. I know that come December 31st I'll be able to look back and say, "Wow. What a year."
[Spoiler alert: No, this is not my way of announcing any babies. Just life changes. #sorrynotsorry]

So here's to 2015, a year of change and a year of adventure. May all of your adventures be awesomely blessed. 

No comments: