The first Christmas that I was in college was probably one of my all-time favorite Christmas seasons. We had this little "family" of us that hung out a lot in college, and a lot of them were huge Christmas fans like me. It was awesome getting to do so many Christmas-y things like baking cookies, watching as many Christmas movies as we could, and drinking loads of hot chocolate.
And then there was the rocking out to Christmas music that we did together. We even sang in the Hot Chocolate Choir together at Concordia's annual tree lighting ceremony.
My friend Aaron made us Christmas mix CDs the following year for Christmas, and it still is one of my favorite things to listen to this time of year because it takes me back to that group of friends and that time in our lives...not just college, but those nights and days around Christmas where we took time to just have fun and enjoy being together. There was so much joy and love in that group of friends when we were together.
Here's just one of the songs on the CD...yup, feels like Christmas now. :)

1 comment:
I love the idea that you do get to pick your family. When I was stationed overseas while I was in the Navy, my Navy family always made the holidays special in our own way.
Thanks for linking up!
-Megan (www.canIdecideanotherday.com)
Post a Comment