Monday, October 27, 2014

"I'll Fly Away"


So today's song is one that's part of my life soundtrack. You know, those songs that will always take you back to a certain time or place in your life? Everybody has 'em, and this is one of mine.

I'm so blessed to get to have devotions with my coworkers each morning before we head off to teach. It's honestly one of the highlights of my job. Last year we used to use every Friday morning's devotion time to sing together. My coworkers are extremely musically talented, and the harmonies that we got going on sometimes (no thanks to me, might I add!!) made me want to cry or break out in goosebumps. It was awesome.

I was introduced to this song last year, and it's absolutely beautiful. No, I don't like to think about dying, but I know that heaven is going to be a place where the joy and beauty abound way more than I can even begin to imagine. I rejoice in knowing that I'll be able to jam out with my God and fellow believers someday in the most beautiful harmony. This song reminds me of what awaits us.

And I'll never be able to hear it without thinking of the beautiful harmonies on those Friday mornings when we'd jam out around a small table in the library while one of my coworkers played guitar.

This song is one of my happy places.

2 comments:

Emily Hornburg said...

I love this song!

Brittany SSP said...

That sounds like an awesome work environment! :) I love that song, it makes me think of my childhood at my grandmother's church.

Thanks for linking up!