The beautiful thing about those songs that stirred my heart before is the way they seem to appear when they fit perfectly into my life again. It's like it never even went away -- except now I'm left wondering, "Why did I ever stop listening to this??"
Okay, confession: I stopped listening to this band because I lost the CD. I suspect it got too scratched and had to get thrown away. I used to be horrendously negligent to my CDs. (If you've ever ridden with me while I've changed CDs while driving, you'd see I still have moments.)
In light of all of the broad spectrum of emotions encompassing me with this move -- the biggest being fear of the unknown, naturally -- it could get easy to get wrapped up in the negative and stay there. Part of the song "Heartbeat" by Bleach encourages me to kick that aside and charge on ahead.
And so I'll fight the currentI'll fight the undertowHelp me swim away fromWhere my weakness grows
So I'm taking a deep breath, and I'm going to finish packing so I can start this new chapter. And I'll be jammin' out to this song. Feel free to jam with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment