A wise and beautiful poetry professor once told me that the way to get over the writer's block-induced dry spells of writing was to just start writing.
I finally listened.
I've been reading a book about writing that I've been borrowing from a friend for oh, I don't know, at least a year now, I suppose, and it's challenged me back into writing. I've also been looking back on things I've jotted down as beginnings/parts of/ideas for poems from the past. I've missed it so much, and I've been really frustrated to not be writing.
I've been writing both short stories and cranked out a poem, and I toyed around with another one today. Only of those is almost ready to share (unless you are willing to proofread, then it's ready to read now). I've also been tossing around some ideas for a children's book. Maybe that will amount to something someday. We'll see.
~"From time to time, from the endless flow of our mental imagery, there emerges unexpectedly something that, vague though it may be, seems to carry the promise of a form, a meaning, and, more important, an irresistible poetic charge." [Leo Lionni]~
No comments:
Post a Comment